Welcome back to 2018! It is set to be the best year yet.
It’s the first week back and we are frantically trying to finalise planning, organise classrooms and attend PD sessions that hopefully motivate us. But are we really ready to start? Are you personally organised for the new school year?
My first 2 days this term have been spent focusing on my own personal organisation. Below are the tasks that I completed to start the year off organised and keep me focused on what’s ahead.
1. Organise my digital calendar
I use Outlook as my digital calendar. This replaces a hard copy diary for me. If I need records from a term I can print or save that section of my calendar.
- I schedule all my classes and regular appointments from the beginning of the year. To see how to add reoccurring appointments click here.
- Add the week numbers and school holidays.
- Invite other staff to meetings.
- Block out personal preparation time
- Add important lesson information.
- Add important deadlines including reporting parent interviews etc.
- Set tasks to complete in week 1.
2. Organise my teacher Binder
This year I downloaded a binder set from teachers pay teachers and modified it to suit my needs (this included the covers and dividers for my binder).
I also added:
- Checklists: these were an important inclusion this year.
- Observation sheets: easy to access.
- Faculty Goal planners: I like to use the SMART goal sheet listed here.
I am still finalising aspects of my binder and will post a copy here in the coming weeks.
3. Plan my early afternoons
- To ensure that I have a balanced working week I schedule early finish afternoons ( leave by 4) this allows me to be able to complete non-school related jobs like shopping etc.
4. Completed my Personal Goal setting for the year
I wrote a post here last year that gave some guidance as to how I set my year goals.
Having a plan for how you are going to organise each day, knowing deadlines, events and evenings makes finding those spare moments for marking, parent contacts and additional preparation so much easier.
I hope that you have a fantastic year.
If you have tips on how you get yourself organised please leave them in the comments below or on our facebook page.